Supporting creativity with Patreon
Patreon support is my opportunity to give back in a small way after many years of singing with the Band of Angels, WA workshop participation and US Gospel Tours with Tony. This has been a highlight of 2020 for me.
—Kenn M. (WA)
Tony has given us so much joy, inspiration, soul food over the years. It is a pleasure to be able to give back . And once again Tony opens our eyes/ears to new experiences- gullah music, curious sampling tracks, and so on….
Tony T. (Qld)
Dear Tony, we feel so privileged to be on this Patreon journey with you. You have gifted us with such a great treasure of songs and inspiration over the years and to be able to share this intimate time with you regularly when physically we are so far away, is amazing. Thank you so much, from our hearts.
—Shanti and Rainer H. (NZ)
Pleased to support my fabulous friend and master of all things gospel/funky and music related – the inimitable Tony Backhouse. As you can imagine, COVID has made it difficult for Tony to do what he loves to do, and what we love him to do!!! – make amazing music together! So, if you’re so inclined, I encourage you to support Tony on Patreon. I’ve just signed up! And am now pleased to be a patron of the arts (I feel like something out of ye olde England or royalty) – or at least a good mate helping out a good mate!
—Maria L (Qld)
In these weird times, you’ll all be aware that (in Australia and elsewhere) group singing has been largely demonised—who thought a benign and healthy form of expression could suddenly become public enemy number 1?— and I find myself working on music at home alone and needing more of an outlet for my various compositions, arrangements and ideas. To that end, I have now created my own Patreon page. If this is something you would like to be involved in please read on:
- a free music score: an a cappella gospel arrangement, or original music
- a free audio file: a new composition, recording or arrangement;
- access to my private Soundcloud music files: live recordings from the vaults (including some rare and unreleased gospel), re-mixes, demos and home recordings;
- online tutorials where you can learn a song (traditional gospel, original etc.) in four parts;
- occasional discounts to public events I plan to hold (virtual or otherwise);
- and live discussions or Q&As about gospel quartets, choir directing, gospel tours or whatever aspect of music happens to enthuse me that day.
This seems to me to be a wonderful way for me to interact with my community, so if the idea appeals to you, go to the link above. I’m open to your questions and your recommendations for tweaks and new benefits. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.