In these weird times, you’ll all be aware that group singing has been largely demonised—who thought a benign and healthy form of expression could suddenly become public enemy number 1?— and I find myself working on music at home alone and needing more of an outlet for my various compositions, arrangements and ideas.
To that end, I have now created my own Patreon page. If this is something you would like to be involved in please read on:
For those unfamiliar with Patreon it is ‘a membership platform that provides business tools for creators to run a subscription content service. It allows creators and artists to earn a monthly income by providing exclusive rewards and perks to their subscribers, or “patrons”.’
In other words, by giving a small to modest monthly fee a patron supports a musician, artist, writer etc. to maintain their creative career, and in return receives some exclusive benefits: in my case, I can offer:
- free music scores;
- free audio files: new compositions, recordings or arrangements;
- access to my private Soundcloud music files: live recordings from the vaults (including some rare and unreleased gospel), re-mixes, demos and home recordings;
- online tutorials where you can learn a traditional gospel song in four-parts;
- occasional discounts to public events I plan to hold (virtual or otherwise);
- and live discussions or Q&As about gospel quartets, choir directing or whatever aspect of music happens to enthuse me that day.
I’m also offering a 20% discount on my downloadable songbook IN THE SPIRIT to all who sign up before September 21 2020.
This seems to me to be a wonderful way for me to interact with my community, so if the idea appeals to you, go to the link above. I’m open to your questions and your recommendations for tweaks and new benefits. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
All the best